This comforting soup/broth is a perfect recipe for those that want to try something different – after all, mutton isn’t always on your home shopping list – and warming whilst winter is still here.
Ingredients for 4 people:
For the broth
600g of lamb or mutton shoulder
1 celery coast
1 bay leaf
1 tuft of custoza broccoli/wild leafy broccoli
Pecorino 50 g
60 g of raw celery, cubed
Half lemon juice
1 tuft of chives
Mint, parsley leaves, chervil or dill to taste.
1) Prepare the mutton broth by peeling and finely chopping the carrot, celery, onion and potatoes and frying over a low heat. Once ready, coarsely dice up the mutton and throw into the pot, cooking through. Add water until it covers the all the ingredients and return to a medium heat.
2) Slightly reduce the broth after filtering it to concentrate its flavour.
3) Peel the potatoes and cut into small pieces.
4) Blanch the wild broccoli in salted water and cut into small pieces.
5) Finish the dish by adding the diced mutton, broccoli and potatoes, lemon juice and cubes of raw celery to the broth.
6) Serve in a bowl and finish with a grated pecorino cheese and the herbs torn by hand.